PDA

View Full Version : hi

Alexx
02 Mar 12, 22:32
Hi my name is Alexx am bi gendered married with 2 cats
i have been looking at Buddhism on and off for about a year .

I know there is rules like no drinking alcohol or taking drugs ...i currently go to AA for addiction to alcohol am trying to stay clean i will be a month clean tomorrow. I also know that you have to be vegetarian currently i am eating meat but from tomorrow am stopping and getting vegetarian food in. its going to be hard because my husband don't want to be vegetarian at all or Buddhist my husband don't have any faith at all .

I also have mental health problems i have depression and i hear voices and see things am on medication for it but so far nothing has worked i have tried to meditate and find it hard because of the voices...i guess i need to work more at it

Thanks
Alexx

Aloka
02 Mar 12, 22:39
Hi Alexx,

Welcome to BWB !

with kind wishes,

Aloka ;D

Element
03 Mar 12, 00:09
I know there is rules like no drinking alcohol or taking drugs ...i currently go to AA for addiction to alcohol am trying to stay clean i will be a month clean tomorrow. I also know that you have to be vegetarian
hi Alexx

there are no specific rules in Buddhism about having to be vegetarian

about the mental health problems you mentioned, hopefully finding some freedom from alcohol addiction can help

kind regards

element ;D

Esho
03 Mar 12, 00:43
Hello Alexx,

Be welcome here!

Kind wishes,

:wave:

Alexx
03 Mar 12, 12:39
Thank you all for your welcomes .
I was vegetarian before but kept craving meat i also have an eating disorder and at the time i wasn't really eating very much.
Am now in recovery for that and my drinking so i can try and eat veggie again and see if increasing my food intake helps with the cravings of meat .

Thank you
Alexx

woodscooter
03 Mar 12, 14:23
Hi Alexx,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries. Please don't be too hard on yourself (or on your partner). Make progress on the Buddhist path a step at a time. It's not a race and it's not a competition. It's a way of life.

Woodscooter.

Moonfeet
06 Mar 12, 15:12
Welcome to the forum Alexx ;D