PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Nova Scotia

Boob
21 Feb 12, 16:28
Hello Everyone,

I suffer a lot from the hindrance of doubt, so I have many questions for you all. Living as I do in rural Nova Scotia, Buddhists are not exactly thick on the ground. However there is a local Shambhala centre which provides me with a few fellow travellers and a lot of support. Based on about three years of mindfulness meditation training, reading, and discussions I am so far inclined towards a Theravadan view of reality. Maybe I will eventually catch a ride on the Mahayana but for now I'm trying to keep the amount of doubtable (is that a real word?) material down to a dull roar. In short I am trying to find a path to enlightenment that I can follow without tripping up too often.

On a much more pragmatic level I suffer from chronic but fairly well-controlled depression and sporadic anxiety attacks. The mindfulness training has been very effective in keeping me on an even keel.

In case you were wondering my member name (boob) was a nickname resulting from a good friend trying to annoy me, many years ago. Much to his disgust I quite liked the new moniker and it stuck. Some people are uncomfortable with it and just drop one of the O's.

Um ... I think that's about it. Anything else you want to know?

Glad to be here,
Bo(o)b.

Esho
21 Feb 12, 16:44
Hello Boob,

Be welcome to the forum!

BWB is a learning community and a forum for insightful debate. Please feel free to ask any questions whether at the Beginners Forum or at other ones.

We also have a Study Links (http://www.buddhismwithoutboundaries.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Study-Links) section where you will find good reliable resources about the teachings of Buddha

;D

Aloka
21 Feb 12, 16:44
Hello Boob !

Welcome to BWB and I hope you enjoy joining in some of the discussions with us.

I also hope that you will feel free to start topics yourself in whichever forum you feel is appropriate.

with kind wishes

Aloka :hands:

woodscooter
22 Feb 12, 10:26
Hi Boob,

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries!

I think that Boob is a great name, much more distinguished than 'Bob'.

Of the Five Hindrances: Desire, Aversion, Sloth, Worry and Doubt, I find Doubt is the biggest for me, too.

Share your doubts in the form of questions in the forums. We are all here to share experience and to learn from each other.

Woodscooter

Moonfeet
29 Feb 12, 15:26
Welcome to the forum Boob ;D