PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Hawaii

Shosetsu
19 Jan 12, 01:10
This is Shosetsu, new arrival from Hawaii, specifically from island of Oahu. Is there anybody else here from Oahu too? Does anybody else here play Buddhist-Cribbage (Buddhist version of Cribbage) or the game of Buddhist-Rescue? Let me know please.

Esho
19 Jan 12, 01:58
Hello Shosetsu,

Welcome to BWB.

This is a place where the teachings of Buddha and its practice are discussed while we learn and share experiences about them. We do not promote game playing here and it is not the aim of this place to do that.

If you are exploring about Buddhism feel free to ask questions at the Buddhist for Beginners Forum and give a look at the resources there.

;D

Aloka
19 Jan 12, 05:22
Hi Shosetsu,

Welcome to the group !

with kind wishes,

Aloka

woodscooter
19 Jan 12, 13:59
Hello Shosetsu

Welcome to Buddhism Without Boundaries !

Woodscooter.

Moonfeet
19 Jan 12, 14:43
Welcome to the forum Shosetsu ;D

Fee
19 Jan 12, 21:40
Welcome Shosetsu,

I hope you find someone to play Buddhist-Cribbage or Buddhist-Rescue with!

Fee

Shosetsu
22 Jan 12, 00:37
Hello Shosetsu,

Welcome to BWB.

This is a place where the teachings of Buddha and its practice are discussed while we learn and share experiences about them. We do not promote game playing here and it is not the aim of this place to do that.

You say that the site does Not promote any game playing, yet I notice that in the section of the forum known as The Tea Room, it includes games.

Esho
22 Jan 12, 00:58
You say that the site does Not promote any game playing, yet I notice that in the section of the forum known as The Tea Room, it includes games.

Hi Shosetsu,

Sure, those are games that we have invented here. What I mean about the aim of the forum is that most members come here to learn and share experiences from their practice and understandings in Buddhism... Nothing personal.

;)