PDA

View Full Version : namaste

Beatzen
08 Dec 11, 14:42
hello, greetings from the pacific northwest of the united states. i live in corvallis, oregon, and practice with the white plum soto zen community affiliated with great vow zen monastery in klatskinie, oregon.

i am 24 years old, and a former student at college who was majoring in political science. though i practice with the zen community here, i privately study the writings of a few drukpa kagyu teachers such as jetsunma tenzin palmo. for the last few months i have been reading a translated tibetan work on mahamudra meditation, and exploring the natural, non-dual state of the mind constitutes the technique involved in my own mindfulness practice.

i have recently finished reading a book titled 'pruning the bodhi tree,' which explores the alledgedly heretical nature of some east asian teachings. also, the heretical alledgations levied towards the teaching emphasis on non-duality contained in the vimalakirti sutra.

Esho
08 Dec 11, 14:55
Hello kagyupa,

Be welcome to BWB.

Feel free to join into the discussions and topic analysis at the different forums we have.

;D

Aloka
08 Dec 11, 15:24
Hi Kagyupa,

Thanks for introducing yourself -and welcome to the group !

with kind wishes,

Aloka

Trilaksana
08 Dec 11, 15:31
Welcome!

Moonfeet
14 Dec 11, 06:47
Welcome to the forum kagyupa ;D