PDA

View Full Version : Hi from tariki

tariki
05 Dec 11, 09:03
Hi, just joined up.

Very much into Pure Land Buddhism. Very much into Inter-faith dialogue.

;D

plwk
05 Dec 11, 09:33
Namandabu

Moonfeet
05 Dec 11, 09:45
Welcome to the forum tariki ;D

Fee
05 Dec 11, 09:56
Hi tariki,

Welcome :wave:

Fee

tariki
05 Dec 11, 12:47
Thanks to all for the welcome.

;D

Lazy Eye
05 Dec 11, 13:55
Greetings, Tariki, and welcome to BWB. It's great to have you here.

Are you practicing in Jodo Shinshu, by any chance?

tariki
05 Dec 11, 15:03
Greetings, Tariki, and welcome to BWB. It's great to have you here.

Are you practicing in Jodo Shinshu, by any chance?

Hi Lazy Eye, I suppose it would depend upon what you mean by practice! Much of the day the words "namu-amida-butsu" come and go, but I'm not part of any "congregation". And it is Shinran and his take on Pure Land that I find illuminating.

I have a very weak mind, easily led by others who have stronger convictions. I need a degree of solitude to know what I think.

I have meditated for quite a number of years, but identified the need for greater "trust" a few years ago, and Pure Land Buddhism has answered to it.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Aloka
05 Dec 11, 15:04
Hi Tariki,

Welcome to the group.

with kind wishes,

Aloka

Lazy Eye
05 Dec 11, 15:30
Hi Lazy Eye, I suppose it would depend upon what you mean by practice! Much of the day the words "namu-amida-butsu" come and go, but I'm not part of any "congregation". And it is Shinran and his take on Pure Land that I find illuminating.

I have a very weak mind, easily led by others who have stronger convictions. I need a degree of solitude to know what I think.

I have meditated for quite a number of years, but identified the need for greater "trust" a few years ago, and Pure Land Buddhism has answered to it.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

You're more than welcome! Hope you find this a good place for companionship and learning along the path.

One of our users had some questions (http://www.buddhismwithoutboundaries.com/showthread.php?1703-Question-on-Shin-Buddhism) about Shinran and Jodo Shinshu. Perhaps these might be something you could answer? I am very interested in Shinran myself but am not familiar enough with the tradition to give more than a very brief, general answer. You might be able to help more.

You can find the thread here: http://www.buddhismwithoutboundaries.com/showthread.php?1703-Question-on-Shin-Buddhism

tariki
05 Dec 11, 18:58
I've had a go Lazy Eye.....

;D

Esho
06 Dec 11, 00:47
Be welcome traiki!

;D

37islove
07 Dec 11, 11:21
welcome i hope you enjoy it here
37islove