PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm insane

daeyeth
10 Nov 11, 18:52
Hi, my name's Tristan, I'm new to these forums and I've gone insane (I see hallucinations, am delusional). Thanks to my insanity, I've discovered the joys of buddhism (I ran to it, seeking comfort). Before that, I was as far from buddhism as you could possibly get: a hardcore philosopher. When I say hardcore, I mean super hardcore. I lived in my mind 24/7.

So due to that, while I'm enjoying the "new world" I've come to discover through buddhism, I still have sooooo many more questions. They overcome me. So please forgive me for using these forums as an outlet to let these questions of me and hopefully they will stop haunting me and I can finally find peace.

Esho
10 Nov 11, 19:02
Hi Tristan,

I really wish you to stop having haunting hallucinations. Hope we can help you here to see the teachings of Buddha as the learning of a Natural Law with which you can have joy and peacefulness of mind.

Be welcome to BWB!

:hug:

Aloka
10 Nov 11, 19:42
Hi Tristan, Welcome to the group, I hope you will enjoy being a member of our community.I assume you will have read the last part of the Code of Conduct .

With kind wishes,

Aloka-D

daeyeth
10 Nov 11, 19:45
I have been treated and am on medication. I am not seeking help, I am seeking friendship from people with an open mind :) I hope that's ok

Aloka
10 Nov 11, 19:59
Of course, Tristan, you are very welcome here as a member of the community, but please understand that we are not qualified to give advice for severe mental health problems .

Thank you :hands:

Moonfeet
11 Nov 11, 12:01
welcome to the forum Tristan ;D

ratikala
12 Nov 11, 00:16
Hi, my name's Tristan,

namaste tristan ,

I've gone insane (I see hallucinations, am delusional).

:(

Thanks to my insanity, I've discovered the joys of buddhism (I ran to it, seeking comfort).

;D

Before that, I was as far from buddhism as you could possibly get: a hardcore philosopher. When I say hardcore, I mean super hardcore. I lived in my mind 24/7.

now that was insane ! ;)

So due to that, while I'm enjoying the "new world" I've come to discover through buddhism, I still have sooooo many more questions. They overcome me. So please forgive me for using these forums as an outlet to let these questions of me and hopefully they will stop haunting me and I can finally find peace.

now I beleive buddha said , regard dharma as medicine , and your teacher as your physician .

looks like you have found a perfect refuge in buddha

and you will certainly find peace ;

I'm sure everyone will be happy to discuss questions about buddhism ,
well anny ways I will , as it is what keeps me sane ;)

best wishes

namaskars ratikala

FBM
12 Nov 11, 00:27
Hi, daeyeth, and welcome. I'm studying philosophy in grad school now. I look forward to your ideas and insights into Buddhism. Welcome!