PDA

View Full Version : Greeting

Wanderer
07 Nov 11, 00:07
Hello,

I'm from Vancouver, Canada. I'm joining the forum to learn more about Buddhism.

Lazy Eye
07 Nov 11, 00:21
Welcome to BWB, Wanderer! Hope we can be of help in your explorations!

FBM
07 Nov 11, 00:31
Hi, Wanderer. Have a look around and tell us what's on your mind. Welcome to BWB...

Trilaksana
07 Nov 11, 00:55
Welcome :hands:

Wanderer
07 Nov 11, 00:56
Thanks for the warm welcome ;D I have read a few threads and found the discussions quite interesting. Always interested to find out the Buddhists' views on modern issues and Buddhist practices. Anyway, back to exploring and lurking :up2:

Esho
07 Nov 11, 01:49
Be welcome to BWB, Wanderer!

;D

Aloka
07 Nov 11, 06:06
Hi Wanderer,

Welcome to the group !

with kind wishes,

Aloka-D ;D

Welcome Wonderer

Moonfeet
07 Nov 11, 16:23
Welcome to the forum Wanderer ;D

Chiflowmaster
07 Nov 11, 17:39
Thanks for the warm welcome ;D I have read a few threads and found the discussions quite interesting. Always interested to find out the Buddhists' views on modern issues and Buddhist practices. Anyway, back to exploring and lurking :up2:

Hello. I'm new here too, but I would recommend "Money Sex War Karma" by David Loy if your goal is to bone up on modern issues from the perspetive of Buddhist social theory. It's a series of short essays which you can dig into further by reading his previous works.

Wanderer
08 Nov 11, 04:27
Hello. I'm new here too, but I would recommend "Money Sex War Karma" by David Loy if your goal is to bone up on modern issues from the perspetive of Buddhist social theory. It's a series of short essays which you can dig into further by reading his previous works.

Sounds interesting. I'll definitely try to find this book.

hajurba
10 Nov 11, 02:53
Welcome Wanderer,
Hajurba is also "New" at this forum....he is new "for ever" until he conks off! Hope you fell comfortable at BWB.;D

breatheeasy
10 Nov 11, 03:20
Hi,

I'm new to the Buddhist world online, and I am really curious about how this works. Is it effective to be online with fellow Buddhists? I am curious to see what your takes are on this?

Element
10 Nov 11, 04:21
hi BE

for me, online buddhism is about sharing information

if you are a learner, then online buddhism provides you with the opportunity to ask questions relevant to your situation

if you are an experienced practitioner and/or scholar, online buddhism provides you with the opportunity to help others and express your understanding

if you are a bit of both, then online buddhism provides you with the opportunity to do both

the buddha taught all these activities, namely, asking relevent questions, study, teaching, practising the teachings, etc, are beneficial for spiritual growth

warm regards

element ;D

Esho
10 Nov 11, 04:30
Hello Breatheeasy,

Be welcome,

At least for me BWB has been of great benefit. Here you can meet nice good members and learn about Dhamma from different perspectives.

;D

Aloka
10 Nov 11, 05:19
Is it effective to be online with fellow Buddhists? I am curious to see what your takes are on this?

Hello breatheasy, I have definately found it of value to interact online with Buddhists from different traditions.

Welcome to the group ! ;D

Traveller
10 Nov 11, 06:08
All I can say is I wholeheartedly agree with Elements and Alokas sentiment, you can learn a lot just by asking, reading and interacting. Welcome its a great place! ;D

breatheeasy
11 Nov 11, 07:20
All,

Thank you for all of your kind responses. I am excited to be apart of BWB and to take part in this opportunity! ;D

Best,

B.E.

Lazy Eye
11 Nov 11, 10:57
Hi Breatheasy,

What Element said. And welcome to BWB, by the way! :)