PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Virginia, US!

Poppy
22 Oct 11, 21:08
My name is Elizabeth and I live in central Virginia. I've been sitting with a Zen group periodically for the past year and a half, and I have a home practice as well. I am so pleased to find this forum. I've been active on other types of forums for many years, but it just now occurred to me to see if there were Buddhists out there. Lo and behold!

I was first drawn to look into Buddhism when PBS aired The Buddha in the spring of 2010. By the time the show was over, I had googled to find practicing Buddhists in my area and had ordered several books from Amazon. It's been a wonderful journey so far!

As for other things about me, I'm an artist, an aspiring vegan chef, and I foster homeless Chihuahuas with a nearby no-kill animal shelter (I've had nearly 25 pass through my doors in the past 5 years). I spend my life with my husband of 28 years, my disabled adult daughter, and three permanent chihuahuas.

I look forward to making friends and learning about Buddhism and different Buddhist practices. :peace:

Aloka
22 Oct 11, 21:17
Hi Poppy, its lovely to hear from you - and welcome to the group !

with kind wishes,

Aloka-D ;D

Hello, welcome. sounds like you have made a good start in Buddhism

Moonfeet
25 Oct 11, 09:50
welcome Poppy ;D

FBM
25 Oct 11, 11:02
Hi and welcome, Poppy from Virginia. Glad to hear that the Buddha's ideas work for you. Hope you're share your insights with us... :peace: