PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Bundokji
02 Sep 11, 09:52
Hello,

I am from the middle east where the majority of people are Muslims. I am very interested in Buddhism but i could not find any Buddist temples or community in my country to interact with hence i decided to look on the net and i found myself here ;D

I am an agnostic who pursue happiness and peace of mind and i tried to achieve it through monotheistic religions, hedonism, phiosophy (especially existentialism which have similarties with Buddhism) but non of them really worked for me so i hope i can achieve real happiness through Buddhism.

It all started when i ve read the Buddha saying "Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it" so as a skeptic i found this very appealing.

I am still a beginners so i will start by posting questions on the beginners forum. I hope you guy can share your pearls of wisdom with me

Cheers

Element
02 Sep 11, 09:58
welcome Bundokji

we are happy to see you here and happy to respond to your questions

warm regards

element ;D

Aloka
02 Sep 11, 11:03
Hello Bundokji and welcome to the group !

I hope you'll like it here, and as Element has said, we're happy to respond to any questions you have.

with kind wishes,

Aloka-D :hands:

Esho
02 Sep 11, 12:26
Hello bundokji,

Be welcome to the forum!

;D

Aasha
02 Sep 11, 13:30
Welcome to BWB bundokji. ;D

Moonfeet
04 Sep 11, 11:30