PDA

View Full Version : Grettings. I am interested in Buddhism

Cypress
29 Jun 11, 15:59
I am 28 years old. I am married, have been for -- closing in on 5 years. We have a three year old daughter, who is constantly on the go, doesn't slow down long enough for us to catch our breath. She is very smart, strong willed, and hard headed. Not sure where she gets all that from, most likely from my wife. We also have a 6 month old son. Not much to say about him yet, he eats a lot, and is getting bigger by the day.

October (2009) I got a new job in Salt Lake City, and moved back to Utah, I started School. I am now in school studying Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement. It has been a long time dream to become a Police Officer. I am close to finishing my Associates, as soon as I get that, I will start applying for Police jobs, and I will continue with my Bachelors. In a few weeks I will be taking an Executive Protection course... Basically it's a Body Guard Course.

What brought me to my Path?

I guess to make this long story short, what brought me to my path was my question of the universe, and what everything is. I found a path that fits me, because of the way I view the world, both physical, and mystical. I found something that I could believe in. However, to further understand my own beliefs, I am here to learn about Buddhism. I feel that at least the core belief is very much my own, and therefore, this is a good place to continue Searching for who I am.

I have been studying and learning my path since 2005, not as long as a lot of others, but I have learned a great deal in that time.

Esho
29 Jun 11, 16:03
Hi Cypress,

Thanks for telling about you.

Be welcome to BWB!

;D

Aloka
29 Jun 11, 16:40
Welcome to BWB, Cypress !

Thank you for introducing yourself. If you have any questions you'd like to ask the group, please feel free to post them in our Buddhism for Beginners forum.

with kind wishes,

Aloka-D

Cypress
29 Jun 11, 16:41
Hi Cypress,

Thanks for telling about you.

Be welcome to BWB!

;D

Thank you for the Welcome.

I have been reading through posts all morning. I look forward to when I go home, and can watch some of the videos.

I think this will be a great place for me to learn. I have a friend on my site, that he helped me to create, that is Buddhist. Everything that he has talked about, has fascinated me. I have always been intrigued by what Buddhism offers... I felt that it was finally time to take the first step in furthering my Spiritual Path.

Cypress
29 Jun 11, 16:43
Welcome to BWB, Cypress !

Thank you for introducing yourself. If you have any questions you'd like to ask the group, please feel free to post them in our Buddhism for Beginners forum.

with kind wishes,

Aloka-D

Thank you for the Welcome. I have been reading through the topic in the Buddhism for beginners forum, so far, I am finding answers that have previously been given to be -- suiting my needs... for now, anyway.

I look forward to furthering my studies here, with your group.

Aloka
29 Jun 11, 17:02
Thank you for the Welcome. I have been reading through the topic in the Buddhism for beginners forum, so far, I am finding answers that have previously been given to be -- suiting my needs... for now, anyway.

I look forward to furthering my studies here, with your group.

That's good, I hope you will enjoy being a member of our community. ;D

Traveller
29 Jun 11, 17:50
Just wanted to say welcome aboard Cypress, while this board is not as active as some, I will say that the help you get here is always sage counsel.

Love your avatar pic BTW.

Namaste.

L_T.

Keith A
29 Jun 11, 18:31
Hi Cypress, welcome to BWB. ;D

Good luck and thanks for practicing,
Keith

FBM
02 Jul 11, 04:52
Hi and welcome, Cypress! Hope you find something here that contributes to your progress on your path. ;D

Esho
02 Jul 11, 13:25
Love your avatar pic BTW.

Namaste.

L_T.

Yes... same here!

Cypress
05 Jul 11, 19:06
Thank you all for the Welcome.

I usually use a wolf as my Avatar, I have a strong connection to wolves. This is one of my favorites, as it is a beautiful picture, the wolf just appears to be a peace... I like it, a state that I wish to gain.

srivijaya
05 Jul 11, 20:22
Welcome Cypress.

BiBuddhistRN
07 Jul 11, 00:44
Welcome! I'm new too.